Credit Unions of BC Bursary Program
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrolment, tuition payment and transcripts are required.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post-secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school. Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical, or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
- Credit Union members are eligible for up to 2 awards per year.
Only online applications will be accepted.
The application period for Fall 2021 is now closed. The application period for Winter 2022 will open on January 1, 2022. A link to the application form will be posted to this page on that date.
- The Awards Committee will review all applications received by the deadline, taking into consideration the actual need, the length of the program, the year of study, efforts to minimize costs, personal statement of special circumstances, grades, etc. All decisions are final and are conveyed in writing.
- If a Foundation award is approved, it is disbursed during the course of the program. The Foundation will send funding by Interact e-Transfer to the email address on file. Students will be notified as to when they can expect to receive their funding.
As required by Revenue Canada, a T4A will be issued the following spring for income tax purposes. It is the responsibility of the recipient to advise CUFBC of any address changes.
Click on the video below and get inspired!