Credit Union Foundation of BC Bursary Program
The Credit Union Foundation of BC was established by BC credit unions in 1958 to support their members in their journey through post-secondary education. In this co-operative spirit, credit unions have helped thousands of members pursue their dreams and in turn build stronger and more vibrant communities.
The CUFBC has three application periods each year:
- Winter: January 1 – February 15
- Spring: May 1 – June 15
- Fall: September 1 – October 15
Only online applications will be accepted.
We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2023 bursary period from May 1 to June 15.APPLY NOW
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrolment, tuition payment and transcripts are required.
- A recent letter of reference from a credit union, coach or other individual that speaks to your community involvement and shared credit union values is required.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post-secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school. Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
- The Awards Committee will review all applications received by the deadline, taking into consideration financial need, the length of the program, the year of study, efforts to minimize costs, personal statement of special circumstances, grades, etc. All decisions are final and are conveyed in writing.
- If a Foundation award is approved, it is disbursed during the course of the program. The Foundation will send funding by Interac e-Transfer to the email address on file. Students will be notified as to when they can expect to receive their funding.
- Recipients may be eligible for up to two awards per year.
As required by Revenue Canada, a T4A will be issued the following spring for income tax purposes. It is the responsibility of the recipient to advise us of any address changes.
Click on the video below and get inspired!