Education Awards from the Credit Union Foundation of B.C.
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrolment and transcripts are required.
- Applicants must be B.C. residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school. Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical, or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
- Credit Union members are eligible for up to 2 awards per year.
- Non-members are eligible for a one-time award. But joining is easy, visit getyourshare.ca
Awards vary up to a maximum of $3000. The amounts are determined primarily by the costs and level (year) of the program as well as the need.
- 1st year student attending 2 consecutive semesters full time in most degree programs can expect up to $1000.
- 5th year PDP student attending 3 consecutive semesters full time at university can expect up to $2400.
|If starting:||Submit:||Deadline:||Award Notice:|
|Fall semester||September 1 to||October 15||Mid-December|
|Winter semester||January 1 to||February 15||Mid-March|
|Spring/Summer semester||May 1 to||June 15||Mid-July|
The deadline is the date the application must be received at the Foundation’s address. There is no office at the Creekside address therefore your submission must be mailed in. Applications sent prematurely before the acceptance period will not be processed as they are too often incomplete or missing information or supporting documents.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Click here for a list of Bursaries and Grants.